Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Favorite New Gadget for Painting

Continuing in the Summer Cleaning theme, I just finished painting my son's room. Can't paint without all the tools and of course, I couldn't find all of mine. I probably threw them away after the last painting project. I went to Walmart to get the paint tray and the applicator refills.

I wavered between trays....disposable (not environment friendly), cheap tray, or this cool looking new version. I finally decided on the new version - Shur-Line Easy Clean Paint Tray. It was a little more expensive (not quite $2), but it is definitely worth it.

The paint really does peel right off the tray! Yes, even after multiple uses (I was tempted to paint the tray just to be able to peel it off again.) I also hated cleaning the paint tools because the paint went down a drain or on the ground. This is not very friendly to my environment! No more....now, I peel and toss. Even the specs of paint on the sides came right off when I rubbed the peeled paint over them. Another great thing about the Shur-Line Easy Clean Paint Tray....it is Made in the USA!

I helped the environment, supported an American business, and enjoyed cleaning up after painting. Talk about a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment