Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Monday, January 24, 2011

Gratitude Abounds

As is common, I sometimes (okay, frequently) find myself complaining about my woes. Why is it easier to complain than be grateful? I've asked myself that a lot the past few months. It has definitely been put into perspective.

A very dear friend is watching her 3 year old, baby girl fight cancer thus fighting for her life. There have been scares and so much pain for such a little one. However, my friend has not stopped giving thanks and glorifying our Awesome God. What a testament she is! That daily praising and thanksgiving for each miracle she gives to Him.

I now catch myself starting to get upset and remind myself how very blessed I am. I pray diligently for my friend, her little one and family while giving thanks for His endless bounty and blessings. Don't get me wrong, I still fall as I am but a mortal. I still complain and have to catch myself. But, I also take a more moments to enjoy the vast beauty around me; to hug my child a little more often and for longer moments. What a wonderful life we are given...what a gift to know that He will always carry us in our time of need!

I hope that you will take a moment to offer up a prayer of thanksgiving and remember each of the blessings He has given you. For the Praise and the Glory are His, now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment