Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lenten Goal - 40 Bags in 40 Days

The Lenten season begins tomorrow. This year I am taking on the challenge of removing 40 bags (or boxes) of stuff from my house. When there is clutter around us, it is harder to focus ourselves. How can we give ourselves to God and serve Him when we cannot focus?

Take a moment to think about the things around you. Maybe you have a stack of old magazines that can be recycled, shared, or given to your local elementary school. What about your closet? Most of us have clothes that we can't or don't wear anymore. There's the linen closet with the kid-themed sheets that are deemed too childish now or sheets that no longer fit any of the beds in the house. Don't forget the collection of plastic containers that are missing matching lids!

I'm imagining how much more space I'll have once I've removed 40 bags. I'm already 4 bags ahead! More space and less distraction from my daily time with the Father! Are you ready for the challenge? Come on and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment