Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Monday, February 7, 2011

Homemade from the Heart

I confess that I love Christmas. I love celebrating the birthday of our Saviour! I love the contagious feeling of generosity and kindness! I love finding just the right gift!

Just the right gift doesn't always come from the store. I might get a small wish list from my Mom, but rarely from my Dad. I've learned they appreciate the homemade or personalized gifts more than any other. Anything centered around the grandkids is always good. I even get so much joy from making these special gifts. Just thinking about the reactions makes me smile over and over again.

So....I've decided 2011 should be a year of homemade gifts. Not just Christmas either. I'm even making appointments with myself so that I set aside time to make those gifts I've previously thought of, but not made. Anything homemade lets the person know that you are thinking specifically of them. There are additional bonuses as well - you know that there will not be duplicates; it is budget friendly; and you get to explore your creativity.

I don't want to reveal too much so that my friends and family guess what they are getting. I can tell you some of the gifts of years past.
  • Small scrapbooks of the years events - great gift for grandparents
  • Calendars made with family snapshots
  • Family Tree Ornaments - bought solid colored ornaments and hand-painted the names of our family from both sets of my grandparents down to the youngest in the family.
  • Bird seed wreaths
  • Dinners
  • Activity coupons

Want to make the gift making more fun? Include your girlfriends! Have a girls' day or weekend and share crafting supplies. Need additional ideas? Stay tuned. More posts to come....maybe even with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment