Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Financial Check

Spring is just around the corner. I've already started making my Spring Cleaning To Do List (I love lists!) Today, I found out I need to create a Spring Financial Cleaning List. A little time consuming, but a relatively painless budget cut possibly.

Why you ask? Today, I was verifying a charge on one of my credit cards for my last statement period. The charge was indeed there and correct, but there was also an interest charge on the statement. Yes, this is common, but.....you should not have an interest charge when you pay the balance in full prior to the due date. I verified that I had paid in full and days before the due date. A 30 minute phone call cleared it up.

Last month, I noticed that my cellular provider had added a new option at $9.99 per month. I did not request the service, so I didn't want to pay for it. Another phone call.

We all know that billing mistakes are unfortunately common and that we should scrutinize our monthly bills. We also know that life gets hectic and good intentions may go by the wayside. Have you scrutinized your bills lately? Take an afternoon (or break it up into smaller pieces of time) and closely review each of your bills. Check for errors and for those services that you really do not want or need any longer.

As an added incentive, treat yourself afterwards! Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment