Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Old Farmer's Almanac

Farmer's Almanac???? That's for old folks! Not so my friends! Okay, so I thought so once upon a time, but I've changed my tune.

I do buy the book, but the Old Farmer's Almanac website is even better! They have recipes and cooking ideas along with the gardening tips. Many people, even in the cities, have started trying their hand at gardening. This website can be a gardener's best friend with tips on when and how to plant.

Yes, I know that we just finished another round of winter weather, but it is time to think gardening! We must start prepping those plots now for planting. For my area, potatoes and onions go in the ground this next weekend. Thankfully, the garden has been "burned off" and preparations started for this planting. (Let's hope that the weather stays fair!) Those cool weather herbs are next up since I'm starting from seed.

Not a gardener, checkout the cooking and recipe section or the Best Days section. It really is a moment of simplicity in an otherwise hectic day. So, here's to sunny days and plentiful crops!

No comments:

Post a Comment