Memorable Quotes

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. - Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Simple Act

So the helping hand idea is a daily thought and act to practice. I found a new book that wonderfully speaks of generosity - "One Simple Act - Discovering the Power of Generosity" by Debbie Macomber.

Yes, Macomber is a fiction writer great at drawing you into her characters. She brilliantly uses her talents in this non-fiction work that reveals all of the gifts of generosity. I was hooked on the first chapter.

Part of me wants to rush right through it and part of me wants to slow down and enjoy (this is a later post) the message. So what to do? Read straight through it of course! Okay, back to the slowing down - I'm going to read it again immediately afterwards to savor each morsel.

One quote immediately jumped out at me. I will leave you with these wise words from "One Simple Act".

"Practicing an attitude of gratitude spills over to acts of generosity."

No comments:

Post a Comment